Healthy Eating for Healthy Teeth
Sometimes we ignore the most important of the things that is essential to our own and our child’s oral health. It may seem like an innocuous task, but the fact of the matter is that what we eat, and by consequence have our children eat, plays a big role in shaping our oral health. While your child’s teeth are smaller, it is still important to eat a balanced diet to ensure optimal health. Therefore, diets rich in foods like fruits, vegetables, and nut are optimal for your family’s health.
Many times, adults often forget their own proper diet and this by extension can affect your children. Therefore, as a parent it’s your duty to ensure your child is regularly eating food that boost their teeth’s’ health.
Sometimes it can be a challenging task as you may not know what should your child eat for good teeth health. Therefore, the best Children Dentist in Doral has compiled a list of eight foods that your child should eat regularly to ensure good oral health.
- Cheese: This is good news for all cheese lovers since this is quite healthy when eaten in the proper amount. Cheese helps your teeth by raising the pH of your mouth thereby preventing tooth decay. Also, cheese plays a vital role in increasing your saliva production and neutralizing plaque. Additionally, it has calcium and its proteins that further strengthen your enamel.
- Yogurt: Plain yogurt with no added sugar has the same benefits as cheese and provides a healthier alternative to cheese. It has calcium and protein in large amounts that strengthen your teeth. The folic acid present also provides numerous health benefits.
- Green Leafy Vegetables: eing rich in all kinds of vitamins and minerals, green leafy vegetables can be the best savior for your teeth. The experts from Petit Smiles who are the best Pediatric Dentist in Doral recommend prioritizing them as they are not only good for oral health but are also good for your eyes and overall development of your child.
- Crunchy Vegetables: Eating crunchy vegetables sweeps away dental plaque serving as a natural cleaning mechanism.
- Apple: Eating apples not only sweep away plaque but also rinse bacteria away and increase saliva production in your mouth.
- Carrots: Eating carrots not only cleans the plaque away but also gives you a high supply of Vitamin A and fiber, which is essential for your child in their early years.
- Almonds: The best thing about eating almonds is they provide high amount of calcium while being low in sugar at the same time.
- Sugarless gum: Chewing is good for teeth health as it boosts saliva production and washes off all the bacteria present in your mouth. But, ensure that the gums your child is consuming are sugar free in order to obtain maximum benefits from gums.
- Cranberries: Eating cranberries prevent plaque from sticking to your child’s teeth which prevents tooth decay.
- Ginseng, ginger and garlic: These plants help to inhibit the growth of periodontal pathogens preventing any possible damage to your child’s teeth.
It is always advisable to brush your teeth twice a day for good dental health. Also, make sure to visit Petit Smiles – the Best Children Dentist in Doral-to ensure you get the best treatment and advice for your child’s dental problems.