A clinical exam will always be made at every dental check up. Dental examinations help us diagnose at an early stage making treatments less invasive.
Clinical exams involve the following:
- Visual Examination of tooth decay
- Gum disease evaluation
- Growth and development assessment
- Orthodontic needs evaluation
- Oral cancer screening
- Examination of diagnostic x-rays in order to look for cysts, tumors and any other diseases unable to see with your eyes only.
- Evaluation of current fillings in the mouth
- Caries Risk Assessment; a thorough evaluation that determines a risk category for your child allowing us to design a personalized preventive program of home care for your child.